Vegan Meat Burgers and Sausages: The Protein Stars of the Plant-Based Diet

Originally published at: https://ethical.net/ethical/vegan-meat-options-the-protein-stars-of-the-plant-based-diet/

Some call it mock-meat, others call it vegan meat, alternative to meat, plant-based meat, but vocabulary is of little importance here, because these plant-based alternatives to popular meat products – like burgers and sausages – are supremely comforting and tasty in their own right. Small wonder that this year Veganuary – a popular campaign by…

I really enjoyed reading your article. I realized that eating Vegan Food as well as using science made things can be very beneficial.

Personally I’m not a fan of vegan ‘meat’, a lot of it is more highly processed (and often contains a wide array of not great ingredients) than equivalent meat products.

Burger shapes, yes, sausage shapes, yes, but let’s not try to make the look and taste meat-like.

I actually wrote a short blog post on it a few years ago: Real Vegetables > Fake Meats and although there are a much bigger range of faux meats out there now than there were back then, my thoughts haven’t changed much.

As an aside, absolutely love Temple of Seitan, and if you find yourself in that bit of London you should also head to the Black Cat Cafe which has great vegan food.

1 Like