The 12 Principles of Permaculture: A Way Forward

Originally published at: https://ethical.net/ethical/permaculture-principles/

Most of us now understand that our way of life on this planet has to change if humanity is going to survive – we’re faced with a range of challenges that threaten our very existence. It can be easy to become disheartened and to feel like shrugging our shoulders and asking what we, as individuals,…

Thank you very much for this article! It makes a point very clearly that I have wanted to make for a long time: that Permaculture is not just a set of gardening techniques, but a way of knowing–and a path toward personal and planetary regeneration. I would go even further to say that Permaculture is our last, best hope on this planet. That is why, even though I am 70 and retired, I plan to devote the rest of my life, long or short, to learning, teaching, practicing, and propagating Permaculture!

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your message, Thomas! That’s the spirit :slight_smile: I think permaculture will play a big role in the future of this planet if we manage to pass through the current crisis. I hope you’ll have a long life full of all that’s good in this world.

1 Like

hello, thanks for introducing permaculture clearly and briefly. I learned a lot and it is so inspiring for me. I live in Iran and I have a small farm. I hope to undertake these principles in my life and share my experiences with others.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for such a clear, precise explanation of the 12 principles of Permaculture. What I like most is that it’s not like having to read through a book, to understand them.

1 Like

Elizabeth,
Thank-you for putting this together. It is a great way to start a process of examining our relationship with the planet. I would like to share this information on my blog site, Permaculture, ECO-ethics, Trees. Would you mind if I imported it into the wordpress platform? I would definitely give you full credit.
Tony C. Saladino
biocharmaster@gmail.com