Repair & Maintain | Or How to Keep Your Beloved Clothes Longer in Your Life

Originally published at: https://ethical.net/repair/repair-maintain-or-how-to-keep-your-beloved-clothes-longer-in-your-life/

Happily, if you don’t want to buy new stuff — even the kind that lasts a lifetime — you can repair and prolong the life of your beloved clothes. I’ve seen too many perfectly good jackets thrown away just because the zipper wasn’t working. That very jacket was the result of large amounts of energy…

2 Likes

I would like to know if there is a recycle van going around London specifically for clothes. I sometimes work at a big homeless centre and they have unclaimed clothes to give…former homeless people clothes, so there are literally tens and tens of kilos of clothes ready to be recycled, but need to be picked up to be recycle in a van. especially that the homeless charity does not want to do any work around recycling, having the clothes picked up would work in this case. Any suggestions?
Please please let me know. Otherwise these clothes will end up on a landfill**:nauseated_face:**

2 Likes

Have a look at the Textile Recycling Association. They might have some answers for you. Traid too.

If the clothes are cleaned they can be dropped at any charity shop.

Hope this helps. :thinking:

1 Like