Hi! I’m on the Community team at Mapbox. Our team supports non-profits and other positive impact / mission-driven organizations who want to use our tools. I’d like to suggest listing Mapbox (https://www.mapbox.com/) as a maps and location data service provider alternative (for developers and businesses/organizations, we are not a consumer-facing company).
- Our mission is to change how people use location data and navigate.
- We are proud of our open source roots and work in the open as much as possible, with active contributions across the open source geospatial ecosystem and open data initiatives like OpenStreetMap.
- We are a privacy-first company with stringent protections in place for our telemetry data and any user data that we collect.
- We have protections for human rights built into our Terms of Service.
- Our community team regularly donates API services and pro-bono volunteering hours from employees across the company to support non-profits and other positive impact organizations. https://www.mapbox.com/community/
I’m happy to share more information if you have further questions (I am limited to sharing 2 links in this post). Thank you for considering us for the Ethical Resources directory - great initiative!