Introduce yourself! Hi am Stefania and have been away for a while

Welcome David! :raised_hands::relaxed:

I’d just like to say thank you to all who are helping this endeavor. I will try and direct as many as possible within my admittedly small sphere of influence to this wonderful site because the knowlwdge to possibly help one make ethical choices can never be too readily available.
Oh, as for me, terribly conflicted fellow trying to take ethical steps one at a time at least and to also help similar folk face these same forks in the road.

1 Like

Hey @Cephus - welcome! :relaxed:

And please don’t be too harsh on yourself - we’re all works in progress! :see_no_evil:

Hi there!

My name is David, Im from Spain, and first of all, the technology of this forum has me really impressed! Everything is so simple and intuitive!

Anyway, Ive been interested in ethical living for the last 2 years and this website is a truly godsend.

Sorry if my english is not perfect but Ill try my best!

1 Like

Bienvenido David! :relaxed:

Hi, I’m Piyush Suthar.
Nothing to describe about myself…

1 Like

I don’t believe you @PiyushSuthar - surely you can share one fun fact at least?! :see_no_evil:

Hello, I just found out about the site via kottke.org.

My name is Ryan, I am a software developer who builds image processing and computer vision applications. I am currently working on a kind of personal search engine - it lives at apse.io. I would love comments or feedback about it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Simon, I work as a composer for cartoon shows. Also a filmmaker. I make musical fun videos on YouTube (which I am increasingly conflicted about!) and other stuff my website www.simonpanrucker.com

I appreciate this website - I’ve been interested in ethical living for a long while and have sunk a lot of time into researching different things over the years! Also brought here via kottke.org

Increasingly I’m conflicted about how I can create and share artistic work online as my trust and comfort with platforms like twitter/facebook/youtube plummet!

2 Likes

Hola @Ryan y @spanrucker!

Apse sounds brilliant, Ryan - amazing work :slight_smile:

And Simon - cartoon composer, wow! We need to get you on the Hey, Cool Job! podcast :smiley:

Increasingly I’m conflicted about how I can create and share artistic work online as my trust and comfort with platforms like twitter/facebook/youtube plummet!

Such an interesting/horrible dilemma for creative types - how have you been navigating it so far?!

2 Likes

Not very well :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, Cool Job sounds fun! I’m up for a chat whenever

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Ryan and I am glad I stumbled upon this awesome site! I believe ethics is more important now in our world than ever before. With the global economy, climate change, technology and so many things moving so fast its hard to stay on top of what is working for the betterment of the many and not the few, the longer term health of the planet and not for short term gain. Hope to be able to come here and discuss and discovery ways to live more ethically!

3 Likes

My name’s Robert, a retired acoustical consultant and an ex PC volunteer (Swaziland). This looked like an interesting group. Looking forward to exploring the site.

2 Likes

Welcome @kramer & @WildElf! :smile_cat:

Hello, fellow ethical-minded people. I am obsessed with ethics, like the guy in that TV show, so I figured I would join. I just wrote a book about ethical living and I will mention it tomorrow because it has a promotional price. :slight_smile:

I look forward to participating here. Thank you!

Robert

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m Elizabeth, a green living consultant, writer and permaculture designer living in Scotland. I’m now writing for the site, and am passionate about providing solutions for a more ethical and sustainable way of life. I grow veg, keep chickens and am building up a forest garden in our walled orchard. My husband and I are also working on the eco renovation of an old stone barn.

I look forward to continuing to work with and be inspired by all the like-minded people on this site. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Jack. I found the link via a Solarpunk community on Discord. I’ve been slowly researching some of this stuff on my own and I really appreciate having a resource where I can start going forward!

2 Likes

Welcome @finch - feel free to make as many suggestions for the list that you’ve found in your research as possible! :smiley:

How very exciting. Elizabeth. Are you guys based in Scotland? I have just come back from Pitlochry and the Schehalion. Always happy to go to clean Scotland!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Alison, and am making a conscious effort towards living a more ethical life. I’m recently vegetarian and moving towards veganism. I work for ekoru.org, a search engine that donates part of its revenue to climate change causes such as reforestation, ocean conservation, animal welfare, and climate change policy. ekoru’s servers are housed in eco-friendly data centres to ensure that our user searches have a minimal impact on the environment. I am a hiker and enjoy nature very much.

1 Like